Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Let's Catch Up! (Long post...sorry!)

What's been going on with us in the few weeks that I haven't posted, you ask? Wait, you didn't ask? Oh well...

Thom (DAD)
On Friday, August 14th we found out that Thom would have to be going to California for 2 weeks. This made me sad because I would miss him terribly, but also because we had just paid $110 for my 10 year reunion and I didn't know if I could go without him by my side (not too many of those people were nice to be back then). Also, we had the boys baptism coming up (more on that later) and we had just had a deck built, but Thom was adding more to it - so he had to work on that. THANKFULLY, GE decided that he could fly home on the weekend between his two weeks in Cali! So sweet!
On his way to Cali he got laid over in a few different spots and lost luggage (eventually found 48 hours later) and a whole mess. Thankfully he made it there and home in 1 handsome piece!

Deck we had built
Deck Thom is building

Shelley (ME)
The last couple weeks have been hard without Thom around. I remember when I was a single mom to a 3 year old, but playing single mom to a 7 year old and a 11 month old is hard work!! Mostly it's just been day to day stuff. I went to my 10 year high school reunion. I was really hesitant to go, but ended up (after 7 glasses of wine) having a GREAT time! Other than that I am just working away and trying to get Dean ready for school starting next week. Besides getting 2 new decks built, we have descovered a hole in our wall, which we discovered is 2 10x10 foot sections of water damage - which thankfully the insurance will cover. But we also discovered why this water damage is happening - a bad roof. That's $4000 the insurance will not cover :(
After getting my hair done for the reunion


Daniella & Brady
Unfortunatley, Dani and Brady's mom has been uncooperative with allowing the kids come to visit us and working with Thom's schedule going back and forth to California. The last time we saw the kids was the first weekend in August. But we get them this weekend and we are taking all 4 kids for a surprise day trip!!!

Dean
Dean has had a great summer so far! I set up a reading program for him and whenever he hits so many pages, he gets to do something fun. So far he's read over 2000 pages! This is amazing considering that last year he had to be in a special reading program. He is getting ready for school and is going to be in 2nd grade this year with Mrs. Holmes. He is so excited! I am also really proud of him becuase he decided to get baptized this past Sunday. This was completely his choice and I didn't force him either way. At our last church they only did infant dedication, so he was dedicated when he was 2. But on Sunday he declared his love for the Lord and decided he wanted to live God's way. I was soooo proud!



Troy
A lot has happened for Troy! We are back down to only being able to feed him potatos, carrots, blueberries and pears because those are the only foods that he tested negative to being allergic to! But I have slowly added in shredded chicken and he doesn't seem to be allergic to that. Other than that, he STARTED TO WALK! We were so excited because he took his first steps only 5 minutes before daddy had to leave to fly to California!! Other than that he is doing great. We are still waiting on approval from the insurance company for his surgery. He was also baptized on Sunday. He looked so handsome in his suit! I can't believe he will turn 1 in less than 25 days!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
I'm SO glad you came to the reunion! You looked beautiful! I just saw this blog. You have such a sweet family!
*Lindsey McKown (Griffeth)