10. I am admitting I have a problem. I am addicted to pop.
9. While on a biking trip from Kalamazoo to South Haven my mom hit some loose gravel and flipped her bike. Since they were between check points she had to ride to the next one before they could take her to the ER. Her leg isn't broken, but it's the size of a melon and strange shades of purple. So glad she's okay!
8. I am also admitting that I am addicted to WordFeud on my phone. I play a scrabble-like game with different people. Right now I have a game going with my hubby, my mom and my mom's friend. It's pretty cool.
7. My mom just called and told me she found a baptism outfit for Mollie - but it's a doll's outfit! She girl is so tiny she can fit into doll clothes! LOL! I will make sure I post pictures.
6. Troy is going to be the next great gymnast in the Deaf Olympics. That boy has so much energy that we have started him in toddler olympics. He is so good at it!
5. Last week our work did our 2011 community day. All 2000+ employees chose 1 of 20 projects to volunteer at during the day and then we got a free Whitecaps game at night. Thom and I worked at the VSA (Very Special Arts) of Grand Rapids. We worked with over 200 special needs kids of all abilities to do art projects. It was very rewarding!
4. My 5K is next weekend! Grand Rapids Mud Run HERE I COME!! I am running with my girlfriend from 2nd grade :0)
3. Next week (2 days before my 5K) my husband has dual carpal tunnel surgery. I have a feeling I am going to be doing A LOT to help him!
2. Dean ended up in the emergency room at 6:00 am on Sunday morning. He woke up with a crazy rash at his Aunt's house and she had to bring him back home. Luckily with some antibiotics and steriods, they are under control.
1. SCHOOL STARTS 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!! My kids aren't excited but I'm thrilled!
#10. 2 year old soccer is NOT what I thought it would be. We all dread going each week. Troy doesn’t understand the concepts. We usually just spend a lot of time by the net letting him kick it in and go and get it out. He seems to love that.
#9. Daniella made it into National Junior Honors Society. WHAT A SMART COOKIE! So proud of her. Last Wednesday we drove up to Kalkasa to watch her invocation and then for a small gathering at her mom’s house. It was nice to get together with her mom and show the kiddos we can get along. Plus it was nice to see where the kids live (been there a few times, but never inside).
#8. Our nanny starts again next week Tuesday! She is bringing her 1 month old with her to watch my kiddos. I can’t wait! I miss her so much!
#7. We are switching bedrooms. Since it is taking much longer to get the 2 additional bedrooms built we are going to do some moving for a few reasons. Mollie and Daniella are going to share the boys’ room (which is across the hall from us) and the 2 older boys are going to move to Daniella’s room in the basement. Mollie needs closet space – BADLY and it’s too hard to let her let her cry herself to sleep when she’s 4 feet from us. TIME TO MOVE!
#6. My boss went to his son’s graduation the other day and heard the name “Troy Stambaugh”. He double checked the program and sure enough…Troy Orin Stambaugh just graduated with his son! I honestly never thought there would be another Troy Stambaugh out there! (I do like the sound of Troy William Stambaugh much better!)
#5. I don’t think my garden is going to be accomplished this year. I really wanted to dig up, split and re-plant my hostas, and put a garden where the hostas are, but I honestly don’t see it getting done. With it so crazy hot 50% of the time and raining the other 50%, it is too hard to take a 4 month old outside. Unless I do it at midnight…it might have to wait until next year.
#4. Allergies are slowly killing our family. Troy is clawing at his skin on a daily basis until he bleeds. The doctor’s office finally gave us cream, nose spray and chewables for him. Poor Mollie’e eyes are watering every day. And me? Daily: 3 different allergy pills, eye drops, nose spray, and nasal irrigation. And allergy shots once a week. AND I just got prescribed an Epi Pen! UGH!!
#3. The new rule at our house is ‘dimes’. The kids get dimes for helping and being good. They lose dimes for being disrespectful or naughty. We are going to try this during the summer and see how it works.
#2. Thom and I are going to attempt and take Troy to his first movie when Cars 2 comes out. He is OBSESSED with “Cars” now and I’m sure between the popcorn, pop and movie he will sit through it. Or not.
#1. By the end of this week, I will have: a daughter in 7th grade, a son in 5th grade, a son in 4th grade, a son done with his first year of Deaf/HH school. **Sigh**
Luckily I kept my camera nearby and was able to photo-journal most of it!
Saturday morning I took Brady and Troy with me to go pick up Dean. On the way home we picked up doughnuts from Susie's Doughnuts. We just happened to walk in as the 4 most amazing looking cinnamon rolls were being put in the case. Now, these weren't any regular cinnamon rolls, they were the LARGEST cinnamon rolls I've ever seen (see below for a photo compared to a regular doughnut)! The boys talked me into getting all 4!
We then spent the morning playing. Our 10 year old, Brady, loves to play chess. So on many occasions Thom and Brady will play a game or two. Troy loves to be just like his big brother! Below is a photo of Thom and Troy "playing" chess:
Soon it was lunch time. We were able to eat the most delicious watermelon! Below is a photo of Troy eating his 3rd piece in full watermelon gear (apron) to keep his clothes from being destroyed:
The afternoon called for some sister bonding time. Daniella is so wonderful with Mollie. Dani was able to find some of Troy's puppets and put on a puppet show for her little sister. Mollie LOVED it!
That evening the children at our church put on the musical that they have been practicing for months called "Happily Forever After". Dean played the roll of Sir Court Lee. It was a great fairy-tale version of the kindgom of God. Dean had 21 family members come to see him! We were all so proud! Then our church had a free carnival and a silent auction. We all came home happy and completely exhausted!
Dean as "Sir Court Lee" in the black & red outfit in the middle
Sunday we woke up and decided not to go to church (this is a very rare occurance that I am not proud of). Every Sunday Thom makes the whole family pancakes and sausage, but as I forgot to buy syrup this week we were treated to cheese omelets, sausage, toast and coffee. Usually the coffee is just for Thom and I, but Troy loves it too much to deny. So this morning as he sat on my lap (as I held Mollie in the other arm) Troy was able to have a 1/4 cup of cold coffee:
Then the newspaper came and Daniella and I were able to coupon! I love couponing because I am now saving about 60% on my grocery bills. Here is a quick snapshot of my coupon binder:
Then as I cleaned the kitchen I noticed that all the kids were gathered around their sister. I was able to sneak in on them as they were playing (that's why no one is looking) for a rare moment!
After a quick run to the store it was lunch time. With 4 kids and a very hungry husband, every meal is quite a production. I thought I would give you a little idea of why we go through food so fast:
Normally the kids would eat outside on the deck, but with the weather being so nasty, they decided they wanted to have another kind of picnic:
Now lunch is cleaned up, Troy is asleep, Thom and the older 3 are at the hobby shop and Mollie is just waking up. Time for a little me time.
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed my weekend!
I have recently started using coupons! They are soooo much fun! Look at the deals I got today:
Walgreens: Buy a 40 count Zyrtec - Get a 12 count free = $29.99 - $14.99 = $29.99 In-store coupon = $29.99 - $1.00 = $28.99 Mfg coupon = $28.99 - $4.00 = $24.00!! **Then the lady at the cash register thought that was too high. So she re-rang it and I got it for $17.50!!! (Total savings of $27.50!!!!!!!!)
Meijer: Kelloggs cereal: 4 for $10 PLUS buy 4 get a gallon of milk for free. Normally: $3.29 + $3.19 + $3.19 + $3.19 + $2.99 (milk) = $15.89 In-store deal = $10.00 Mfg Coupon = $10.00 - $1.50 = $8.50 Purex Liquid Detergent: Normally $5.99 on sale for $2.99 Mfg coupon = 2.99 - $1.00 = $1.99
TOTAL STORE SAVINGS: $23.95 TOTAL COUPON SAVINGS: $7.50 ____________________________ TOTAL SAVINGS : $31.45!!! ****HOLY COW****