Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

This is my first Ten on Tuesday attempt. From what I am understanding it's just a list of Ten things you want to blog about. So here I go:

#10: When my husband's ex-wife is nice to me, it makes me happy. The woman actually took a swing at the back of my head a few years ago (in front of all my children) and has been particularly nasty to me since Thom and I have been together. However, she has been pretty nice the past month of so. She called a few weeks ago to let us know that gas was going to be going up overnight and she "just wanted to let us know so we could fill up our tanks". Also, she emailed me today to let me know she is mailing me some coupons for diapers, baby items and allergy pills since she knows I have allergies. Weird....

#9: My sister and I have gotten a lot closer lately. I freakin love it!

#8: Troy has had bloody noses the past 2 mornings. Since the weather has been terrible with snow (yes, snow at the end of April) I am assuming it due to the air in our house being dry.

#7: Thom got a Keurig coffee maker from my parents for his birthday. I LOVE that thing. We just ordered a case of "chocolate glazed donut" flavor coffee. I can't wait until it arrives!!

#6: Dean got 20 out of 20 on his spelling pre-test this week, so now he has the challenge list - those words are HARD. My 3rd grader has to spell archaeologist (wait...did I spell that right??)

#5: Troy starts 2 year old soccer on Saturday - it's going to be soooooooooo cute! I explained to his coach last night about his processors and that I was going to be on the field signing to him, so if he needs to explain something to Troy that I could help.

#4: I just realized today that the outfit my friend gave me for Mollie to wear on Easter is waaaaaaaaaaaay to big (since Mollie is still only 10 lbs). This means I get to go shopping! Shopping for an Easter dress?!?!?! How much more excited could I get?? NONE!!

#3: I'm bummed that my next door neighbor is moving. I bought the house that I grew up in from my parents and she did the same thing - so we've known each other since we've been born. She only moved back in last spring, so we haven't had much time together. I love that her kids come and hang out with Troy and Dean and now they're leaving! To New Mexico they go...only good part is that I get a gently used dryer for relatively cheap.

#2: I'm annoyed with Thom because I want to go on a marriage retreat on October 7-9 (October 7 being my 31st birthday) and he says it's too far away and too much money. Whatever. I'm so annoyed. Check it out: http://www.winshaperetreat.org/index.php/come/programming/marriage_programming/romantic_adventure.php

#1: I am finally giving in and putting Mollie on a schedule. This eat every 1/2 hour from the time I get home to the time I go to bed is killing me. Someone suggested the "Babywise" book, so I am going to get it and start reading ASAP!


Okay...how did I do? Hopefully you didn't fall asleep at your computer. It felt like a mini "rant" session to me, so I feel better. PHEW!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the ex is treating you better! That's awesome. And good luck with BabyWise. I've thought about using that in the past (to survive nights!) so let me know how it goes!!
Melissa

PolyglotMom said...

Love it!! Have fun at soccer! I was thinking about starting Lucas in soccer too... hope it goes well!