Friday, April 15, 2011

Let's Try This AGAIN!

Well, I obviously fell off the wagon. What wagon you ask? The blog wagon.


I started this whole thing when Troy was born deaf. So much of our family is in Indiana that I started this to keep them updated on Troy and his progress. I was doing great for a while there - I loved writing this and sharing our family's story. However I started to notice that less and less people were reading it and I thought...what's the point.


So I'm starting again with 1 rule: that you let me know if you read (via email, comments on here, comments on facebook...I honestly don't care. The comments don't need to be each time, but it's nice to see that I'm not doing this with no readers). If no one reads, then I'm not going to waste my time. So let's try this again.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the past few months we welcomed the newest addition to our family: Mollie Elizabeth. She is currently 10lbs, 1 oz of pure baby love! Below is a picture of her this past week (12 weeks old) with one of my dearest friend's new baby "Ellie" (short for Eleanor - a name I absolutely LOVE).


Mollie is a GREAT baby! She only cries when she's hungry, which seems to be all the time between the hours of 6pm and 10pm. Last night she slept in her crib for the 3rd night in a row and slept for 9 1/2 hours - only waking up once!! S-C-O-R-E!


Baby Troy is not a baby anymore! My little deaf boy is now 2 1/2 years old. He has listed many words to his small vocabulary which includes: bye-bye, NO, MINE, and Mollie (both "no" and "mine" he tends to yell). Troy goes to his deaf/hard of hearing school each morning and 4 days a week is bused to Kindercare in the afternoon.


Daniella, Brady and Dean are all so big! Daniella is now in 6th grade. That's right...I said 6th grade. And as of last Sunday, Daniella is now 12 years old. Only 360 days until we offically have a TEENAGER! UGH!!! Brady is awesome! Still the strongest kid I know...he is now skateboarding. It's awesome to see how much he loves it. Dean is still awesome and this summer is going to have another new sibling on his dad's side of the family. All three kids love to be together and love their younger siblings.


I am hoping to get some pictures of the kiddos up soon! They will all be here this weekend so hopefully I can remember!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read. Well, when you finally post something. :)

leah said...

I read your blog! :-) The newest addition is very cute, and I love the name Mollie! Too sweet!

Good luck with the "terrific twos!" I am so glad that Nolan is (mostly) out of that stage (he'll be four in August). I miss the baby stage, but I am glad to be past the "NO!" and "MINE!" stage!

Amy said...

So glad you are back!

PolyglotMom said...

Congratulations on your latest addition! I'm reading too!!!

Anonymous said...

I am here and reading. Still waiting for all the little piggies to be updated with Mollies cute ones!